General Data Protection Regulation – is the new EU regulation intending to combine and strengthen data protection within the EU.
This regulation was made on the 27th of April 2016 and is due to come into effect 25th of May 2018.
For more information please search this link;
Collection of your data
The Benefit Advice Shop will ask for your consent when recording any data. If you are not seen in person verbal consent will be obtained. When you consent to data collection you will be agreeing to:
1. Data records are made in order to assist the client with their appeals or claims for benefits. Personal data will not be used for any other purpose.
2. Data will not be passed on to a third party without consent.
3. A third party could consist of the DWP, Job Centre or Tribunal Service for the purpose of pursuing a claim for benefits or appeals or to an AQS auditor for the purpose of an AQS audit.
4. Data records will be kept safely and securely for 6 years.
5. Access to any held information can be requested either in writing or verbally. The Benefit Advice Shop will respond to the request within one month.
6. Any information which is not correct can be requested to be amended. The Benefit Advice Shop will respond to the request within one month.
7. A clients has the right to be “forgotten” the right to request all data to be removed from the system. All data in all formats will be destroyed. The Benefit Advice Shop will respond to the request within one month.